How to Avoid Water Leak Repair in Jacksonville
Depending on the source of the leak and the extent of the water damage it has caused, repairing a leak can be costly business. No one wants to have yet another bill on their hands. So, to ensure that you are adequately protected from water damage, the best course of action is to take preventative measures. To avoid the need for water leak repair in Jacksonville, FL, keep the following tips in mind.
1. Replace your washing machine’s hoses every five years and check the connections once a year - Since washers use so much water, they are frequently the culprits when there’s a leak. Maintaining your unit is essential to ensure that it operates properly.
2. Have your air conditioner checked and cleaned every year by a professional - In addition to changing the air filter every three months or so, it’s also a good idea to make sure the condensation line isn’t clogged.
3. Protect your drains and pipes - Helpful tactics include having backflow preventers installed, never pouring clog-causing grease down the drain, planting trees away from your home’s pipes and foundation, and allowing water to drip from your faucet in the event of a freeze.
4. Check your toilet’s tank and supply line yearly - Toilets can leak from the supply line, and when this happens, it’s time to shut off the wall stop and call a professional.
5. Check the pipes connected to your dishwasher and refrigerator yearly - Since these connections are out of sight, they often go uninspected for years at a time. If there’s a problem, it’s best to catch it early before it gets worse.
6. Protect your home’s foundation - Slab leaks can be the result of improper construction or soil shifting, but there are things you can do to prevent them. Protect your pipes from corrosion by avoiding chemical drain cleaners, keep your incoming water at pH between 6.5 and 8.5, make sure your pressure remains set at the right level, and drain all rainwater away from the house.
7. Take care of your roof and gutters - Keep your gutters clear and tend to any necessary roof damage right away.
For more information about avoiding the need for water leak repair, reach out to us at The Leak Detective Specialist, Inc.